An online leadership MBA program will not only provide you with an interdisciplinary business education but teach you about the most essential aspects of leadership within the competitive world of businesses. These types of programs integrate the disciplines involved in business practices with the study of the characteristics behind organizational leadership. As far as business practices go, an online MBA in leadership focuses on the disciplines of management, finance, accounting, and marketing and how they are utilized to conduct business. As far as organizational leadership goes, these programs examine the theories and methods of professional communication, team building, and conflict resolution.
What Does an MBA in Leadership Cover?
As the business world grows and becomes more competitive, we are beginning to realize that it takes more than just an impressive title and office with a nice view to lead a company. One of the newest specializations popping up in degree programs at business schools across the country is of leadership. More than just an area of personal development, leadership qualities are essential to higher-up positions in order to motivate employees and direct their efforts in ways that will benefit business and ensure a profitable company. Rather than learning what it takes to be a good leader through years of trial and error, students these days can avoid detrimental mistakes and earn an MBA in leadership online so that they are equipped with the necessary skills and abilities before they score that first management position.
|mba leadership online degree top list|
|Southern New Hampshire University||Online MBA In Leadership||Get details now|
|Pepperdine University||Online MBA – Leadership and Managing Organizational Change||Get details now|
|Grand Canyon University||Online MBA – Leadership||Get details now|
|Ohio University||Online MBA – Executive Management||Get details now|
|Capella University||DBA – Organizational Leadership and Development||Get details now|
|Fordham University||Online MS in Management||Get details now|
An MBA in leadership is a graduate program that focuses on how good leadership leads to a successful business. You will get the same education as you would in any traditional MBA program, but with the added benefit of an additional curriculum in leadership. MBA leadership online programs are not simply for personal enrichment, in these challenging programs you will learn about leadership dynamics as well as develop leadership skills and abilities through various assignments, projects, reports, and presentations. This type of coursework is meant to help you learn the best ways to direct an organization, inspire vision, influence groups, and motivate employees. By earning an MBA in leadership online you will be able to demonstrate that you are knowledgeable of business practices as well as able to apply leadership abilities in ways that will generate business success. An MBA program with a specialization in leadership will emphasize aspects of authoritative positions such as vision development, idea initiation, and strategy implementation. It will also increase your awareness of and help you learn how to handle real-world business situations you may face concerning employee conflict, ethical issues, and company crises.
Getting Into a Leadership MBA Program
Those interested in enrolling in a leadership MBA program will first need to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. The degree can be in anything, even subjects unrelated to business, as most MBA programs do not build on pre-existing knowledge but rather start from the ground up. However, to better prepare for the rigors of an MBA program in leadership, undergraduate students should take classes in business theory, management basics, introduction to finance, and introduction to accounting. If anything, this will at least familiarize students with business terminology. In addition, applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.0 for their undergraduate studies, though some schools may have higher GPA requirements. Students should also be prepared to submit letters of recommendation, an updated resume detailing their work experience, and GMAT test scores. For example, Walden University mandates that all applicants submit test scores, resumes, and a written statement of intent.
Why Should I Get an AACSB Accredited Leadership MBA?
Anyone who has a strong interest in business management and a desire to acquire a position of leadership within a company may want to consider earning a leadership MBA degree online. Not only will this degree give you the credentials you need to qualify for positions of authority, but help you develop applicable skills needed to make a significant difference in the areas of directing, managing, and consulting. The highest quality online MBA leadership programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which selectively accredits top business schools that provide exceptional education and produce the most qualified students. If you want an education that is not only impressive but will help you quickly climb the corporate ladder, you should get an AACSB accredited leadership MBA online.
Generally, most MBA programs require students to complete anywhere from 48 to 51 credits and take from one to three years to complete depending on previous education, business course work, and enrollment status as full-time or half-time students. An online leadership MBA program will likely consist of many of the same courses as a traditional MBA program. When you first begin the program you will likely take foundational courses in business such as operations management, business strategy and planning, financial modelling, integrative marketing strategies, statistical thinking, and financial principles and policy. These courses are meant to help you understand how businesses operate as well as how to apply critical thinking and analytical skills in a business environment.
- mba in international business online – Full details
- best Online MBA in Information Technology – Complete Details
- Online MBA in Information Systems – top 10 online mba programs in information systems
- Online MBA in Information Security – top 10 online mba programs in information security
- Online MBA in Human Resources – Top 20 online mba programs in human resources
During the second half of the online MBA leadership program, you will begin to take advanced courses that focus on the role of leadership in a work environment and how it stimulates productivity and profitability. Typical course titles may include corporate strategic leadership, systems thinking, organizational dynamics, human capital, systems of leadership, conflict style inventory, talent identification and management, individual development planning, and knowledge-based decision making. Online MBA programs are a flexible option for those who wish to continue their education and sharpen their skills without temporarily pausing their careers. Courses are taken through a Web platform where all class work such as assignments, discussions, quizzes, and examinations can be completed over the Internet.
What Jobs Can an MBA Leadership Online Get Me?
- CEO (Chief Executive Officer): The head of the company, the CEO establishes the goals and policies of a company and is also charged with finding a way to obtain those goals. The CEO meets regularly with other top executives to ensure that the company is moving in the right direction and that its Board of Directors is pleased. Most CEOs also have a hand in monitoring the company’s budget and making sure that it is being utilized to its full extent. In larger companies, CEOs may delegate some of their responsibilities to other higher-level and mid-level executives and managers, while in smaller companies, CEOs may take on all of these roles as well as some other management-related ones.
- General and Operations Manager: These managers are responsible for planning and coordinating the company’s operations. They work with top executives and mid-level managers to create policies, deal with day-to-day activities, and plan how to use different departments like human resources. Most of these managers deal broadly with all branches of a company rather than just working in one department. This way, they can coordinate all departments to better help the company meet its general goals. Operations managers are key in delegating daily work to ensure its completion and effectiveness on a daily basis based on larger-scale information received from CEOs, board members and business ownership.
- Sales Manager: Most sales managers work with retail companies and can be in charge of an entire region. These managers oversee sales employees and ensure that their branch is meeting the quota set forth by the company headquarters. Sales managers work closely with teams to ensure that customers are receiving good customer service and products. Many also devise ways to increase sales through promotions or advertising. In large companies, sales managers can tackle budgeting, employee reviews, and employee training, while at smaller companies, they may conduct sales calls themselves in addition to their other responsibilities.
Top Earning Industries for Jobs
- Software Applications: $122,524 – $251,611
- Retail/Wholesale Distribution: $91,422 – $244,936
- Manufacturing and Distribution: $53,072 – $94,542
- Construction: $52,060 – $91,762
- Chemical Manufacturing: $66,384 – $100,901
- Food Manufacturing: $60,099 – $95,719
How Do I Find Online Leadership MBA Programs?
Even harder than deciding what type of MBA you want to pursue can be finding the school that offers the best online MBA in a leadership program for you. The right program will expand your business knowledge and your employment, advancement, and income opportunities. You are going to want to make sure the program is accredited, ranked, and fitting to your personal preferences. Most importantly, you want to find a program that is accredited by a recognized accrediting association, such as the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These types of associations thoroughly examine schools to make sure that they meet a high set of standards that are characteristic of quality educational programs. The ranking is also a helpful aspect when it comes to finding the top leadership MBA programs online. Well-respected publications include:
- U.S. News and World Report
- Business Week
All of these publish annual rankings of the top-rated colleges and universities. Online leadership MBA rankings are commonly based on factors such as student selectivity, academic quality, student-to-faculty ratio, graduation rate, and post-graduation outcome.
Along with your favourite search engine, there are a few helpful tools that you can use to find the best leadership MBA schools online, including: